Wednesday 4 March 2015

Bitter

I am rather flustered, frustrated
"guard your heart" as the ghost of the echo demands,
begging me to refrain from it anticipates.
I'm guessing that must be the fear of pain

time is ticking and I know there is
no time left to build my shield.
perhaps nothing can be done to acquaint the
torment of loneliness that is soon to hunt me dow.
I can almost see it,
of how it is going to sneak in
in the dead of night and devour me alive,
how I would scream and look at the blanks 
of the four walls that's intend to keep myself safe.
but they will only stare me back with nothingness 
and answer my needs with silence.

But if I would just shut my eyes
and gaze on You, my first love,
maybe I will remember what you've warned me,
"affection is expensive, it has a price to pay"

Maybe a part of me still want to 
nibble on what is still tasteful.
but I know when the day arrived,
it would be too late to spit it all out.
and perhaps
I will start to wonder how something that started off so sweet
can even taste so painfully bitter.

Maybe, 
the poor girl Agnes will be more careful
what she choose to relish on that day onwards.

The price she paid was too high. 




27/01/2015

what a painful lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment